Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Thoughts from my rambling mind...

Thoughts from my rambling mind...

I wanted to start this blog so I could keep people updated on my life and my family as I begin my journey into homeschooling while also trying to become more educated in the finer points of nutritious eating. My primary goal right now is to eliminate processed foods by making as much of my food as I can.
But I digress, as the title says, I sometimes do ramble, so to introduce the family. I am Mama Waffle (40), I am a home schooling, breast feeding, cloth diapering, baby wearing, attachment parenting mama of 2. My hubby is Daddy Waffle (42) is in law enforcement and he gave me two ’step waffles’ that I wont probably talk about too much as they are 18 and 20 and about to leave for the armed forces. Then together we have ‘little Waffle’ my wonderful daughter who is 5 and too smart for words and ‘baby waffle’ my wild son who is 9.5 months old and already has trouble in his eyes!
My daughter is finishing up preschool this month and then we will be jumping head first into homeschooling. I am currently trying to work out exactly what curriculum and all the other finer points but we wont really be starting until September so I have time. I am very excited because we will be attending our very first home school conference in a couple of weeks. I am very much looking forward to making new friends from the home school community as well as shopping the book fair (lets face it, the shipping is a HUGE draw!)
Well, I was going to talk about my current projects but I think I have go on enough for one night. Baby Waffle is fighting sleep and frankly I am ready for bed.
TTFN

*note:I am currently trying to move from my original blog so just deal for a bit... ;0)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with homeschooling! My Mom homeschooled my brother for a few years, but I don't think I could do it with my kids! If V was just a tad more cooperative, maybe...but man, he's TOUGH!

    ReplyDelete